Monday, March 26, 2007

R2B2 Hits Day 4 of "Master Cleanse" and is Easily Driven to Tears

After a particularly rough Day 2, I'm actually doing well on Day 4. But I'm stuck in front of a computer back at work, which is exposing me to things I can't handle looking at.

Namely cake, competition, chocolate, and hamsters. (I'll eat those too.)

In the world outside of my colon, there are two stories in today's news that might actually affect New Yorkers who aren't wealthy. One is Christine Quinn's proposed $300 tax credit for renters earning under $43K a year, which is actually picking up support in the state legislature. The other is a bill that would set up taxi stands, paid for by the city government, in the outer boroughs. This would be bad news for livery drivers, for sure, but given how crabby cabbies are about traveling out to yuppie Brooklyn where they can easily pick up a return fare, I have my doubts about how many of them would want to cruise outside of Manhattan.

4 comments:

therefereeblows said...

wow , I love Hamsters!, couldn't eat a whole one tho

Russ said...

how many days do you have to do the cleanse, R2??

R2B2 said...

Russ, can't decide whether to end it after 5 (today) or go for 6. I'm definitely going start eating on Thursday to be in tip top form for a pork chop dinner scheduled for Friday night.

Russ said...

Do you look like Beyonce yet???