Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bad Georgia


The Stooges are reunited and touring. They are NOT coming to Atlanta. I adore the Stooges; they are pretty much my favorite band of all time, ever. Iggy, Ron, Scott - if you are reading this, please know that I find the use of sleigh bells in Now I Wanna be Your Dog to be the closest thing to evidence of a god in this fucked up universe. The part where you, Iggy, say "lose my heart on the burning sand" in that Michigan accent is seriously the sexiest and most awesome vocal styling of all time. So why don't you add Atlanta to your tour dates. My friend Kriss-T saw you in Lawrence, KS a while ago and won't stop rubbing my poor tear-streaked face in it. I show all my friends pictures of your penis, and my number one fantasy is to have you c. 1972 carve my name (my real name, not Russ) into your chest with broken glass. You are my favorite character in Please Kill Me and I really enjoyed counting how many times you had sex or almost died in tghat book. Ron and Scott, you are hands down the coolest brothers-in-a-band ever, not to mention the greatest guitar-drums combo ever. So you see, I really appreciate you guys and have been deconstructing your songs while stoned since I was about 14 and bought a cassette of Raw Power at the gas station. So come to Atlanta.

2 comments:

R2B2 said...

I happen to think that "Russ" would look pretty good carved onto his chest.

Anonymous said...

Russ, this is the most heartfelt and emotionally draining piece of blog I have ever read. And you know what? If those washed up wrinkly old bastards don't come to Hotlanta after this piece of fanmail has been put out there into the universe then fuck them. Bravo!