Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Where in the World Was Russ Sandiego?

Apologies to the many, many faithful readers of Zeitgeist-y. I have been AWOL and not posted in over a week. Shocking!!!!! Horrific! I have, however, got a really good excuse. June 8 will mark the public debut of the art of Russell. That's right, someone other than my family and friends likes my collages, and I will be included in the Atlanta Biennial Talent Show at the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center, June 8- August 10. Not only will I have 5-6 pieces in the show, one of my works has also been chosen as the image for the show. This is all super cool and very unexpected, but I have passed from the excited phase and entered the freaking out phase. I am in the show with about 20 other artists, all of whom are actual serious professionals. I have a lot of work to do - framing, printing, perfecting, selecting, etc. Hence the lack of blogging. Sorry. I'm back. Ish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen these collages and they are awesome.

All the artists are interesting. Go and see the show!!!! Atlanta, let's all support the arts and get a reputation for something other than bad traffic and being the last bastion of Bush supporters in America.

Signed: A totally unbiased member of Russ's family.

Anonymous said...

quite agree, I remember russ showing me her stuff in brooklyn, it was pretty awesome then and I am sure it still is now,thanks russ, its about time!!