Thursday, May 17, 2007

Oh, So That's How You Do It


I was farting around on Amazon and found this little gem. Following is my favorite of the Reader Reviews:

Nathaniel Ng says: "Personally, I am an Asian man. And by Asian, I mean Asian. When I got this book, I realized the error of my white-woman-hunting-ways. Now that I've seen the light, I can lure them in like moths to the fire. THANKS Adam Quan! My love life is more bubbly than a 100 degree pot in high altitude."

Phew. I thought by Asian, he meant Cossack.

And, more bizarrely:

Crazy Ed of Cupertino, CA says "I personally found the book lacking in what I like to call "chutzpah"."

Um...okay. I believe this marks the first-ever incident of an Asian man stating a preference for the word "chutzpah." Perhaps he is specifically trying to attract Jewish women? Oy vey. No wonder they call him Crazy.

Finally, I would like to add my own nugget of wisdom to this topic: If you have a book like this, hide it before you take your date home. I almost lost my husband when he saw my copy of "How to Attract Drunken Northern Irishmen Ten Years Your Senior."

***Note: Amazon says that people who bought "How to Date a White Woman" also bought "How to Attract Asian Women." Not that a dude can't like me and R2B2, but it seems an odd combo to be ordering. Whoever bought both, I recommend you pay special attention to my warning above regarding hiding the book, lest your interest in either race seem insincere.

1 comment:

R2B2 said...

Personally, I'm an Asian woman. And by Asian, I mean Asian. And I have to say, if you're going to write a manual to help Asian men attract white women, it better damn well be one that can help lure them in like moths to the fire.

The person who wrote "How to Attract Asian Women" actually did a seminar on the subject at the Learning Annex a few years ago. I think I should get it so I can more easily identify men stricken with Yellow Fever so I can run away from them as fast as possible.