Tuesday, May 15, 2007

There's A First Time for Everything


And today would mark the first time that I have ever, ever, ever seen John Ashcroft as being the good guy. Ever!!!!

I am referring, of course, to my bete noire, Alberto "Got Some Splainin' To Do" Gonzales, specifically to the news that he, while still a White House aide, forced his way into a direly ill Ashcroft's hospital room to attempt to bully him into renewing the domestic surveilance program (allegedly, supposedly...whatever, it's true). I am emerging from an extended period of extreme busy-ness-induced non-blogging to once again optimistically ask if this could really, truly be the end of Alberto.

Meanwhile, that other resident of Teflonia, Paul Wolfowitz, similarly continues to hang tough. I am waiting for he and Alberto to interrupt the American Idol results show and gang rape Elmo on live TV, since that is apparently what is required for either of these fuckers to lose their jobs. And it would be the interruption of Idol, not the violation of Elmo, that would probably cause the biggest outcry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rite on Russ - my sentiments entirely. Who knew that Ashcroft could have a warm and fuzzy side.? I particularly liked the bit where he raised his prostrated head off his pillow and said "Be gone, drones, tell Darth Vadar I will die rather than accede to his request" Or words to that effect.

Maybe there is a God?

R2B2 said...

It's pretty tempting to feel sympathy for Ashcroft, what with the pancreatitis and all. But I think it's only within the context of the horror that is A. Gonzalez! Gonzalez outassholed Ashcroft. Imagine the guy who will take Gonzalez down! He probably eats babies for breakfast.

Anonymous said...

I think that guy's name is Karl Rove. Remember how he started the rumor that Max Clelland was a triple amputee due to his own negligence? And that McCain's adopted Bangladeshi child was in fact an illegitimate half-black child? Classy!