Thursday, October 11, 2007

We were not killed by Dutch frat boys!


That's right, we're back! Despite the hysterical overreactions and attempts at negative buzz marketing on behalf of team Holloway, Aruba is a wonderful, beautiful, safe and friendly place. We had a fantastic time, and the trip had many highlights. I have a lot of photos to go through and will post some highlights with accompnaying illustrations once I get my act together. As of now, I am back at work and hating it. Hating it!

The best thing about Aruba was the birds. I am a huge bird geek and I was in heaven. My favorite was the brown pelican, pictured above. I have seen these before but never really appreictaed just how cool they are. They are huge, and their feathers look like muppet fur when they are wet, and they dive all around you in the water for fish, and they are really, really good at it.

I also liked this guy - the bananaquit. There was one who came to the bar where we stayed every afternoon and drank the residue of the liquor that had gathered on the lips of the pour-tops on the bottles. The bartender said the bird never gets drunk, and his story checked out.

Finally, the bare-eyed pigeon is hilarious looking. Hilarious!!!

1 comment:

R2B2 said...

if you love birds so much, why didn't you marry one?