Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Kick me! (but please not with a bootie)


Sorry to Russ and sorry to readers for my sporadic appearances as of late. Things have been hectic, especially at work (and I don't need to remind you, work is the single best place from which to blog).

Of the many many things that have been burning me up, here are the ones foremost in my mind.

To all of you Wes Anderson fans, a hearty R2 thumbs down for the Darjeeling Limited. I don't mind a movie that's generally plotless but I dislike one that relies on one quirky episodic bit after another to add substance. And Adrian Brody! Can someone please snuff him out? I was sorely disappointed, and I count myself among the few who really liked the generally sucky Life Aquatic.

In your fucking face, Isiah Thomas!

Fall has begun, which in NYC which means having to acclimate ourselves to a whole new season's worth of unbearable fashion trends. The booties are killing me already and it hasn't even dipped below 70 degrees.

In the continuing story of the weirdness of my life in the 'hood, I found out that my neighbor in Apartment 4B is being sued. By Sears, if you can believe that. And how did I discover this? Because someone Scotch-taped the full subpoena, including damages being sought, to her mailbox. It's been there for the last 48 hours which means that I have to gently maneuver the pages aside when checking my mail lest I crush them. The best part of the story is that that Ms. Apartment 4B is no longer, replaced by a pair of no good skinny little hipsters (actually the boy is skinny and his fag hag roomie is chunky—my favorite hipster combo) who are apparently too scared to move the pages or don't check their mail very often. Another choice tidbit about Ms. 4B. When I first moved in and had to borrow a can opener, we had a five minute conversation during which time she was wearing nothing but a bath towel (though I think she might have had a second one on her head). I bet that towel was from Sears!

1 comment:

Russ said...

On the annoying boots issue, I saw a girl in a swimsuit and Uggs in Aruba. I seriously thought it was Britney.