Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Will R2B2 submit to the Rolling Stones?


Russ has been pressuring me to submit to the Rolling Stones. It's going to take a lot of really really good tunes for me to forgive them Honky Tonk Woman. And Mick Jagger? Blech.

Little known fact--did you know that Jagger was slated to co-star in Fitzcaraldo? They actually shot most of the movie then it went on hold and he eventually had to bow out to go on tour. He was to play the semi-retarded assistant to Jason Robards in the lead role. Robards caught some kind of fungus and had to go back to the states at which point Herzog tried to recruit Jack Nicholson. Which would have been pretty amazing, but nothing beats Klaus.

Anyway, I got my 21-song "R2B2 Will Submit to the Rolling Stones" CD in the mail. I think Russ might be shooting herself in the foot with footnotes that say things like "Beggars Banquet is hands-down the greatest album ever recorded, ever, in the history of all time, since time began." But I'll try to keep an open mind.

1 comment:

Russ said...

R2: Beggars Banquet is hands-down the greatest album ever recorded, ever, in the history of all time, since time began.

I'm just saying.