Thursday, August 2, 2007

I Have a Wu Tangover



Man that was some birthday. I am really feeling it this morning. I give my hangover a five out of ten - not a classic but definitely enough to fuck with my morning and necessitate some worshipping at the Golden Arches. What is it about McDonald's coke that makes it better than the coke anywhere else in the world? An egg mcmuffin, hashbrown, and a coke will seriously knowck a hangover down at least two points. I would say I was a seven out of ten when I woke up and am now a five and it's all thanks to Mayor McCheese and Co.

Anyway, the hangover is nothing compared to the true source of pain in my life right now. Wu Tang are here. In Atlanta. Playing live. This afternoon. And I am not going to be there. There are few things in this world that I love more than the Wu. The lyrical complexity, the humor, the politics, the astonishing production. The huge clouds of pot smoke. The surprise of it all coming from a bunch of guys from a Staten Island housing project who just happen to be straight up genius stoned poet laureates.

If you have not been Wu'd by the Wu, I suggest you fix that problem immediately. The history and reach of the Wu is too complex to ever truly be completely comprehended. Reading their war & peace-length wikipedia entry makes my head spin. I suggest you listen to this and this. They are my two favorites.

These lyics just make me so happy:

Aiyyo, camoflouge chameleon, ninjas scalin your buildin
No time to grab the gun they already got your wife and children
A hit was sent, from the President, to rage your residence
Because you had secret evidence, and documents
On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent
dominant Islamic, Asiatic black hebrew
The year two thousand and two, the battle's filled with the Wu
Six million devils just died from the Bubonic Flu
Or the Ebola Virus, under the reign of King Cyrus
You can see the weakness of a man right through his iris
Un-loyal snakes get thrown in boilin lakes
of hot oil, it boils your skin, chickenheads gettin slim
like Olive Oyl, only plant the seed deep inside fertile soil
Fortified with essential, vitamin and mineral
use the sky for a blanket, stuffin clouds inside my pillow
Rollin with the Lands, the tribe's a hundred and forty four thousand chosen
Protons Electrons Always Cause Explosions

No comments: